Our purpose is to deliver quality medical expert, rehabilitation and injury prevention services to both industry and a population consisting of either people with an injury (who may have compensable or non-compensable injuries which effectively prevent them from functioning at their optimum level and actively participating) or people who do not have an injury but who may be put at risk of sustaining one.
MPOT Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Risk Management and Rehabilitation Services are concerned with:
- Promoting health and well being through managing occupational risk within the workforce.
- Promoting health and well being through occupation.
One of our primary goals is to help prevent injury as well as assist people to participate in the activities of everyday life. Occupational therapists and physiotherapists can achieve this by enabling people to do things that will enhance their ability to participate or by modifying the environment to better support participation. Sustainable Return to Work programmes are supported by experienced rehabilitation consultants.
- To provide appropriate services which help minimise the incidence of work related accidents therefore reducing both the direct costs (lost time etc) and indirect costs (management time etc)
- To offer a service which is both time efficient and cost effective
- To maintain a high quality of service delivery
- To assist the target client group (injured workers) to achieve maximum functional potential
- To offer professional development in order to assist staff to remain current in their respective disciplines
- To be aware of the effects of current legislation pertinent to the area of service delivery and respond accordingly
- To be cognisant of market demands and respond accordingly
One of the cornerstones of MPOT is the promotion and enhancement of participation within individuals’ daily lives.
This occurs through one of MPOT’s primary goals, which is to assist people to participate in the activities of everyday life and importantly to implement skills and approaches that help prevent injury.
The MPOT Allied Health Team achieves this through support and sharing knowledge that facilitates people’s ability to participate, or by modifying individual environments to better support a person’s participation.
MPOT also provides sustainable Return to Work Programmes that are supported by experienced rehabilitation consultants.